You can have Osso Buco using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Osso Buco
- Prepare of Herb Pouch.
- You need of Fresh Rosmary.
- You need of Fresh Thyme.
- You need of Fresh Oregano.
- Prepare of Cheesecloth.
- You need of Gremolata.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Italian Parsley.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s of Zest of 1 Lemon.
- Prepare of Meat.
- It’s 4 of Meats (soup bones, ox tail, or veal shanks), BONE IN.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, Diced.
- You need 3 of Carrots, Diced.
- You need 4 of Celery Stalks, Diced.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Red Wine.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Butter.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Liquid or 1 Tub Gel Knorr Beef Stock.
- It’s of Olive Oil or Bacon Grease.
- You need of Fresh Garlic, Minced.
Osso Buco step by step
- Tie fresh herbs, excluding parsley, into a small cheesecloth pouch and place into instant pot / crockpot.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil or bacon grease until nearly smoking. Sear each piece of meat and bone until deep brown sear is achieved, roughly 2-3 minutes per side. Meat should still be raw in center. Remove from skillet and add to instant pot / crockpot.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic (to taste) to skillet and sautee in remaining drippings from the meat. When veggies are soft and translucent, add tomato paste. Add veggie mixture to the instant pot / crockpot.
- Pour wine into skillet and reduce by half. Stir in beef stock and add to instant pot / crockpot.
- Cook. For Instant pot, cook for 1 hour 20 minutes on high pressure. Allow pressure to self-release. For crockpot, cook it for as long as feasible for your event / hunger..
- Blend gremolata ingredients until parsley is roughly chopped..
- Gently! Remove meat from pot, including the bones. Try not to let marrow fall out of the bones. It's hard, the meat should be barely staying together at this point. Serve on top of risotto or mashed potatoes, or preferred starch. Top marrow bones with gremolata. Salt liquid and serve in a ramekin for dipping..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.