Baked Bean & BBQ Meatball Stuffed Acorn Squash.
You can have Baked Bean & BBQ Meatball Stuffed Acorn Squash using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Bean & BBQ Meatball Stuffed Acorn Squash
- It’s 1 of medium-large acorn squash.
- It’s 1/2 of medium red onion, julienned (sliced thin).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 of southwest chipotle "Nourish Bowl".
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 bag of your favorite frozen meatballs (or make your own👏).
- It’s 1 of small bottle your preferred bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1 of medium can of your favorite baked beans.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or your preferred kind).
Baked Bean & BBQ Meatball Stuffed Acorn Squash step by step
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°. Slice acorn squash in half & scoop out seeds. (*save these for later & make a delicious snack out of them! 🤤 see attached recipe) Next, place acorn squash halves on a cookie sheet or baking dish. (see recipe).
- Now, cover the insides of the acorn squash halves in 1 tbsp olive oil each. Then, sprinkle each half with 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, & cinnamon. Next, drizzle 1 tablespoon of syrup and 1/2 tablespoon of honey onto each squash half. Lastly, drop in a few red onions to each half & add 1/2 cup brown sugar to each half as well. Place into oven for 30-45 minutes or until squash is softened all the way through..
- Meanwhile, prepare your baked beans & bbq meatballs in separate medium saucepans. Also, begin to saute your "Nourish Bowl" in a medium frying pan with remaining tablespoon of oil & minced garlic. (*feel free to also add in a pinch of salt & pepper here if you like 😏👍).
- When everything is done, turn off heat on the stovetop & set aside. Remove squash from oven & reduce oven heat to 325°. Add 1/2 cup – 1 cup of baked beans to the inside of each squash. (depending on size of squash & your preference.) Followed by 1/2 – 1 cup of "Nourish Bowl" mixture..
- Next, add 2-5 bbq meatballs & 1-2 tablespoons of sauce to the top of your acorn squash bowls. (again, depending on size of squash, meatballs, & also your preference.).
- Finally, top with shredded mozzarella or your preferred cheese & return to oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted to your desired preference..
- Remove from oven. Serve & Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.