Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies.
You can cook Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies
- You need 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of Crisco shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg (room temperature).
- You need 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, cream together the Crisco and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the orange juice and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar..
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.