Green Gram / Mung Bean Soup with Pork > Ginisang Munggo / Monggo.
You can have Green Gram / Mung Bean Soup with Pork > Ginisang Munggo / Monggo using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Gram / Mung Bean Soup with Pork > Ginisang Munggo / Monggo
- It’s of (bet 1/4-1/2c) green mung beans.
- You need of onion, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of k pork, bone in cuts or sliced belly part.
- You need of Moringa (Malunggay) leaves, washed and destemmed.
- You need of Water, as desired.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s of to taste Salt,.
- You need of Pork broth cube (optional).
Green Gram / Mung Bean Soup with Pork > Ginisang Munggo / Monggo instructions
- Wash mung beans 2-3 times, rub it thru your fingers. Discard any "stones" or foreign particles..
- In a soup pot, combine water, beans and pork. The normal ratio is 1:2, but in this soupy version, it’s 1:3 or 4. Add a good sprinkle of salt. Cook covered in medium heat, as if boiling bone broth. Cook until beans have popped a bit..
- In a separate pan, sauté the onions and garlic in oil. Fish out the pork and sauté with the garlic and onion..
- Add it back to the soup pot and continue cooking. Taste and adjust saltiness. Add a pork broth cube, if desired..
- Add Moringa leaves, stir until it cooks then turn off heat. Serve hot and enjoy by itself or spooned over rice..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.