Taiwanese Pickled Cucumber.
You can have Taiwanese Pickled Cucumber using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Pickled Cucumber
- You need 3-4 cups of sliced Japanese/Persian cucumbers.
- You need 1/2-1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup of sugar.
Taiwanese Pickled Cucumber instructions
- Thinly slice the cucumber to about 1/8” thick. Transfer the sliced cucumber into a clean mixing bowl..
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of salt onto the sliced cucumber. Then mix well. Let the cucumber sit in the salt for about 30 minutes. This step will make the cucumber sweat out excess water. The cucumber will have a unique soft and crunchy texture as a result..
- When the time is up, drain out the excess juice from the cucumber and rinse it well to wash off all the salt. After rinsing, squeeze out as much water as you can and transfer the cucumber into a clean bowl..
- Pour in ½ cup of sugar and 1 cup of rice vinegar. Mix well to make sure the sugar is all dissolved..
- The pickled cucumber will be ready in as soon as 1 hour but the longer you let it sit in the solution the more flavorful it will get. You can even refrigerate this mixture with the cucumber in a glass jar or a container for few days. When you’re ready to eat, just transfer the cucumber into a clean bowl and serve without the sugar-vinegar solution..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.