Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
You can have Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- It’s 4 1/2 of cups- chicken broth.
- You need 2 of cups- water.
- It’s 2 of – boneless skinless chicken breasts (I add 1-2 more depending on size since we love our chicken.).
- It’s 1 of package- rice-a-roni long grain and wild rice. (any brand works fine.).
- Prepare of salt- to taste.
- You need of pepper- to taste.
- You need 1/2 of cup- all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup- butter.
- Prepare 2 of cups- half and half.
- You need 1 of cup- diced carrots.
- It’s 1 of cup- diced celery.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup step by step
- Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken and rice along with the seasoning packet in a large slow cooker. (I leave the chicken in bigger pieces so they are easy to find and fish out later.) Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours..
- Once done, take chicken out and shred, then place back into crockpot..
- In a small bowl combine, salt, pepper and flour..
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter..
- Once butter is melted, stir in flour mixture by tablespoon to form a roux..
- Whisk in cream a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth..
- Stir cream mixture into crockpot, and then let it cook on low for 15 more minutes..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.