California Farm Wedding Soup.
You can have California Farm Wedding Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Farm Wedding Soup
- Prepare 4 ounces (120 grams) of grassfed beef shank, neck, ribs, must have bones, marrow preferred.
- You need 2 ounces (60 grams) of beef liver, washed, drained.
- You need of (to substitute beef and liver, use an ounce of dried lovage plus 6 ounces tofu or tempeh).
- It’s 6 cups of water (1.5 liters).
- Prepare 1 ounce (30 grams) of vermicelli pasta (Amazon).
- It’s 6 cubes of celeriac root, 1/2 inch square (one square centimeter).
- Prepare 1 bundle of fresh lovage (big as a tulip), or 1 ounce dried (Amazon).
- You need 1 of crown of mace.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot, slivered.
- Prepare 1/4 of red sweet pepper, slivered.
- It’s 2 ounces (60 grams) of chopped fresh green beans.
- Prepare 3 ounces (90 grams) of mix of chopped celery, fresh leek, cabbage.
- It’s Pinch of fresh parsley leaves as garnish.
- It’s Pinch of ground black pepper, enough for one egg.
- You need 1-2 of maggi cubes based on personal taste (Amazon).
- It’s of Salt added at the table per personal preference.
- You need Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1.5 ounce of shot of California Dry sherry wine when serving.
California Farm Wedding Soup step by step
- In heavy dutch oven soup pan, brown the meat and liver with olive oil, stir till fragrant. Add two cups of cold water, bring to rolling boil, turn off. Add four cups of cold water, foam and fat will congeal on top, skim off till broth is clear..
- Start simmering the broth, add only broth enhancing ingredients: celery, celeriac root, crown of mace, leek, lovage.
- Simmer all night till the broth has condensed to four cups. Depending on the type of beef, the broth might be strong or weak. In the morning, taste the broth. Should look gold colored on your tasting spoon. If not intense enough, add one beef Maggi cube, simmer one hour. Taste. Add another cube if you like your beef flavor stronger. Taste!.
- One hour before serving, remove bundle of lovage, remove fat, bones, marrow, mace, then cube meat and liver, add pepper to taste. Add cubed meat and liver, vermicelli, fresh red sweet pepper, carrots, green beans, cabbage, ground black pepper, do not boil, keep simmering..
- To serve, put one cup of clear broth in serving bowl, add half of vermicelli, half of vegetables, meat and liver. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Add 1.5 ounce shot of California sherry to adults when serving. Serve with freshly baked french bread, butter and a garnish of preserved olive, pickle, boiler onion, jalapeno pepper, pickled carrot and french mustard to eat with soup meat and veggies. Then, serve a second bowl of soup. Hearty!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.