Wagyu Beef Bacon and Roasted Potato Picnic Salad.
You can cook Wagyu Beef Bacon and Roasted Potato Picnic Salad using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Bacon and Roasted Potato Picnic Salad
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Bacon.
- Prepare 3 LB of Small Yukon Gold Potatoes (cut into 3/4 inch cubes).
- It’s 1 of Small Sweet Onion (minced).
- Prepare 1 BUNCH of Green Onion (small diced).
- It’s 4 STALKS of Celery (small diced).
- You need 8 of Eggs (hard boiled).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Mama Lils Sweet Hot Peppers (reserve 1/2 cup of oil they are packed in) (diced).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Kosher Dill Pickles (diced).
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Parsley (minced).
- You need of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Ground Mustard.
- You need 1/2 CUP of Oil (from Mama Lils Sweet Hot Peppers).
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Reserved Bacon Fat (liquid form).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Kosher salt.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Juice.
Wagyu Beef Bacon and Roasted Potato Picnic Salad step by step
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF BACON Cut the Fullblood Wagyu bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, and place in a medium size sauté pan. On medium heat, render/cook the bacon until crispy. Drain off the fat, and reserve (the fat will be used later)..
- PREPARING THE POTATOES Cut the small Yukon gold potatoes, and preheat the oven to 450°F.Toss the cut potatoes with enough Fullblood Wagyu bacon fat to fully coat. Lightly season the potatoes with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and roast the potatoes in the oven for 35-40 minutes until soft and lightly cara-melized/crispy on the edges. Let the potatoes cool completely.
- PREPARING THE HARD BOILED EGGS Place eggs in a sauce pot, and cover with warm water. Let the eggs sit in the warm water for 30 minutes. Then put the pot on medium heat, and cook the eggs for 13 minutes. Drain off the water, and cover with ice to cool down the eggs. Once cooled, peel the eggs and dice them into bite-size pieces..
- PREPARING THE ROASTED POTATO PICNIC SALAD In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, hard boiled egg pieces, cooked Fullblood Wagyu beef bacon, minced sweet onion, diced green onion, diced celery, diced pickles, minced parsley, and diced sweet hot peppers. Chill the ingredients while you make the dressing..
- PREPARING THE DRESSING In a blender, combine two eggs and ground mustard. Blend on medium-high for 3 minutes. Slowly drizzle in the oil (reserved from the sweet hot peppers), grapeseed oil, and reserved bacon fat. If the dressing becomes too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of water to thin it out. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh lemon juice..
- FINAL STEPS Fold the dressing into the bowl with the roasted potato picnic salad (don’t use all of the dressing if you like a less dressed salad). Chill until served, and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.