Steamed white fish with ginger, spring onion and soy sauce.
You can have Steamed white fish with ginger, spring onion and soy sauce using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed white fish with ginger, spring onion and soy sauce
- It’s 1 of whole white fish (with head and tail, but gutted) about 2,5 oz. (e.g. sea bass).
- You need 1 of tbsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tbsp. rice vinegar.
- It’s 4 of tbsp. of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of tbsp. of the white part of scallion cut into juliennes.
- Prepare 1 of piece ginger about 2 inches long, peeled and cut into juliennes.
- Prepare 1 of bunch of coriander.
- You need 3 of tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
- It’s 8 of tbsp. of water (7 tablespoons for steaming and 1 tablespoon for the sauce).
Steamed white fish with ginger, spring onion and soy sauce step by step
- Clean the fish in cold water and dry well with paper towel..
- Season the fish with salt, inside and out..
- Put the fish on a heat resistant plate, so that it fits inside the steamer..
- Put half of the ginger inside the fish and put the other half on top of the fish..
- Pour the water into the wok and place the steamer over it. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the steamer..
- Put the wok on the stove and, when the water starts to boil, put the plate with the fish in the steamer. Cover with the lid. Cook fish until done (about 8 minutes). *Because the fish is cooked on the plate in the steamer, its juices are not lost, making it tastier..
- While the fish is cooking, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and a tablespoon of water. Set aside..
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil from Spain until it is at the frying temperature (340 °F). To check to see if it has reached the right temperature, put a cocktail stick in the oil; if it bubbles, it’s reached the temperature..
- When the fish is done, remove the plate from the steamer, pour off the water that has condensed on the plate and place the coriander and chives on top of the fish..
- Pour the oil over the scallion and cilantro to "cook" them. Add the soy sauce mixture and serve immediately..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.