Italian Guazzetto Fullblood Wagyu Beef Oxtail.
You can have Italian Guazzetto Fullblood Wagyu Beef Oxtail using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Guazzetto Fullblood Wagyu Beef Oxtail
- You need 3 LB of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Oxtail.
- It’s 1 OZ of Dried Porcini Mushrooms.
- You need 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- It’s of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 of Sweet Onion (medium diced).
- It’s 3 of Carrots (medium diced).
- It’s 3 of Celery Stalks (medium diced).
- Prepare 2 of Leeks (medium diced).
- You need 5 of Garlic Cloves (smashed).
- You need 2 CUP of Chianti Wine.
- It’s 15 OZ of CAN Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 TSP of Anchovy Paste.
- You need 3 CUP of Beef Stock.
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 1 of Whole Clove.
- Prepare 2 SPRIG of Fresh Rosemary.
- It’s 3 SPRIG of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 4 of Large Russet Potatoes (peeled and medium diced).
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 CUP of Heavy Cream.
- You need 2 TBSP of Kosher Salt.
Italian Guazzetto Fullblood Wagyu Beef Oxtail step by step
- PREPARING THE PORCINI MUSHROOM LIQUID Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, and then remove it from the heat.Add the dried porcini mushrooms to the water. Allow it to rehydrate for 15 minutes, and reserve..
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF OXTAILS Generously season the Fullblood Wagyu beef oxtails with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat grapeseed oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oxtails to the Dutch oven, and brown them on all sides. Set the oxtails aside..
- PREPARING THE ITALIAN GUAZZETTO Wrap the clove, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaf in a small cheesecloth sack, and tie with string.Preheat the oven to 325°F.Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the diced sweet onions, celery, leeks, and carrots to the Dutch oven. With a generous pinch of kosher salt, sweat the sweet onions, celery, leeks, and carrots for 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add the chianti wine. Deglaze the pot..
- Add the dried porcini mushrooms, mushroom liquid, smashed garlic cloves, tomatoes, tomato paste, and anchovy paste to the Dutch oven. Add the cheesecloth with the clove, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaf to the Dutch oven.Add the browned Fullblood Wagyu beef oxtails to the Dutch oven.Add enough beef stock to just cover the oxtails..
- Bring the pot to a boil. Then, immediately cover the pot, and transfer it to the lower rack in the preheated oven. Cook for three hours in the oven, adding water or additional beef stock as necessary. Remove the pot from the oven..
- PREPARING THE MASH POTATOES In a large pot, add the cut russet potatoes.Cover with cold water and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover the pot, and let the potatoes cook until they can be pierced through with no resistance. Drain off the water, and mash. Add in warm heavy cream and butter. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- FINAL STEPS Remove the Fullblood Wagyu beef oxtails from the Dutch oven, and shred the beef. Set aside. Remove the cheesecloth with the clove, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaf. Discard.Place the Dutch oven on the stovetop, and reduce the liquid to about 1 cup over medium-high heat. Add the shredded beef back to the Dutch oven. Mix with the liquid.Place the beef mixture over mashed potatoes, serve, and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.