Pea and Ham Soup. Pea and Ham Soup – A Great Australian Classic, originating in Adelaide, South Australia. SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new video. Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a stick blender.
I did a few things my old way such as simmered my ham. This easy pea and ham soup has been triple-tested by our cookery team and nutritionally analysed. Find more soup recipes at BBC Good Food. You can cook Pea and Ham Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea and Ham Soup
- You need 2 of Ham Hocks.
- Prepare 1-2 Litres of Water (cover food).
- Prepare 2 of Carrots roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Celery Stalks roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion roughly chopped.
- You need 500 grams of Split Green Peas.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Minced Garlic.
- It’s of Salt, Pepper and Herbs to taste.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of MSG.
A meaty and vibrant soup that's great for using up festive ham leftovers or as a comforting storecupboard soup. Mark Hix's pea and ham soup. The ham stock is flavoured with onion, carrot and celery, with a couple of cloves for Drain and stir in the split peas to coat with butter, then add one litre of the ham stock, retaining the rest. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and.
Pea and Ham Soup step by step
- Add all the ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove Ham and pull meat from the bone..
- Blend soup together.
- Add ham back into blended soup and cook for a further hour on low.
Try our classic pea and ham soup then check out our best soup recipes, and make homemade bread rolls to serve on the side. Leave the soup chunky for a rustic texture or blitz. Pea and ham soup made from scratch with your favourite choice of ham. A filling midweek meal or tasty dinner-party starter. For a quick and easy, family friendly meal – this recipe has got to be up there with some of the best.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.