Pear Ginger Coffee Cake.
You can have Pear Ginger Coffee Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pear Ginger Coffee Cake
- Prepare 2 of fresh pears.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated orange peel.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted shortening.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
Pear Ginger Coffee Cake instructions
- Halve core pears. Cut into wedges. Melt butter in the bottom of an 8 inch round cake pan..
- Arrange pear wedges over bottom of pan in a spiral pattern..
- Combine Brown sugar, ginger, lemon peel, & orange peel. Sprinkle half the mixture over the pears. Set the rest aside..
- Beat egg, shortening, & milk together. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt together. Add to egg mixture, stirring just until blended. Pour over pears..
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over the top. Marble through the batter with a knife..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes..
- Let stand 5 minutes..
- Invert onto plate..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.