Syrian Broad Beans.
You can cook Syrian Broad Beans using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Syrian Broad Beans
- You need 3 cups of broad beans cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 of small onion or shallot.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s of Allspice to taste, preferably fresh ground.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
Syrian Broad Beans instructions
- Wash, trim & cut broad beans on the diagonal. (It looks nice but I think they taste better this way too.).
- Slice thin or fine chop onion..
- Mince garlic..
- Open tomatoes & drain, saving liquid..
- Warm oil in tagine–or any pan with a tight lid, keeping the heat as low as you can..
- Add onion & garlic & cook until soft, not seared..
- Add broad beans & tomatoes, plus half the liquid from the tomatoes to the pan..
- Add salt & allspice to taste. (I add 10-12 turns of the allspice grinder, set on coarse.).
- Stir well..
- Cook covered over a low fire for 40-50 minutes. (Even longer will not hurt this dish.).
- Taste to see if it needs salt..
- Serve & enjoy..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.