Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad. Here is how you can achieve that. Cut potatoes into cubes add the oil mixture. Use baked potatoes: Happen to have leftover baked potatoes on hand?
Because it seems to appeal to so many, this creamy salad is one of my favorite crowd-size recipes. In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill and salt. Variation: Add cooked and crumbled bacon bits to the salad dressing and proceed as above. You can cook Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad
- Prepare 10 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped chives.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Classic, old-fashioned potato salad consists of cubed, boiled potatoes mixed in a mayonnaise-based dressing—as opposed to the German potato salad Others swear by hard boiled eggs, and yellow mustard in the dressing. Fresh dill, cucumber, sliced onion, celery, or olives—all are fair game. Celery and Orzo Soup with Anise Seed. Make the salad: Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot.
Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad instructions
- Peel cut and boil potatoes until tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool slightly..
- In a large bowl combined chives, oil, vinegar, onion, salt and pepper mixed well..
- Cut potatoes into cubes add the oil mixture. Toss to coat cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (in this Picture I skipped a step and already added my chopped veggies to the oil mixture) you can wait and do this at the end..
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise or sour cream and chill. Just before serving fold in mayo mixture and chopped celery, cucumber and green onions..
Remove from the heat and stir in the onion, celery and vinegar. DIRECTIONS Combine potatoes, cucumber, onion & chives in a large bowl. Pour over potato mixture and blend thoroughly. The secret step in this Potato Salad is pouring French Dressing over the cooked potatoes while they are still warm so Combined with the creamy mayonnaise dressing, salty bacon, and fresh bursts of celery, cucumber and onion, every mouthful is The Perfect Bite. This classic potato salad is perfect for cookouts, family reunions, and holiday gatherings.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.