Black Bean & Poblano Soup.
You can have Black Bean & Poblano Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean & Poblano Soup
- It’s 13.4 oz of Black Beans.
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 of Large Poblano Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Roma Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Southwest Spice Blend.
- It’s 1.5 oz of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 oz of Tex Mex Paste.
- Prepare 1.5 oz of Vegetable Stock Concentrate.
- Prepare 1/4 oz of Cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Prepare 1.5 oz of Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need of Salt and Pepper, to season.
Black Bean & Poblano Soup step by step
- Quarter the lime. Halve, peel, and diced onion. Core, DC, and finally diced Poblano. Diced tomato..
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add Onion and Poblano; cook, stirring occasionally until browned and softened, 5 to 7 minutes..
- Stir in Southwest spice blend, diced tomato, and tomato paste until combined. Cook until fragrant, one minute..
- Stir in black beans with their liquid, tex-mex paste, vegetable stock concentrate, and half cup of water into pot with veggies..
- Bring to a simmer, uncovered, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring often, until flavors meld and soup is slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper..
- Meanwhile, pick cilantro leaves from stems. Divide soup between bowls with a dollop lime sour cream. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack and cilantro leaves. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping and any remaining lime wedges on the side..
- Serve and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.