Lauren's Baked Beans.
You can cook Lauren's Baked Beans using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Baked Beans
- It’s of bacon.
- Prepare of orange or green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s of medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need of jalapeno de seeded.
- You need of cans pinto beans.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of molasses.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of Dried parsley for garnish.
Lauren's Baked Beans step by step
- Pre heat oven to 375 drgrees..
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until just crisp. Remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the pan..
- Add the onion, jalapeno and green pepper to the same pan. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, jalapeno is semi soft and green pepper is soft. Add the bacon back into the pan and remove from the heat..
- In a large mixing bowl combine pinto beans, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved and ingredients are well combined..
- Add bacon, onion and pepper mixture to the pork and bean mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour bean mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place in preheated oven and baked uncovered for 1 hour..
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top and then let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.