Braised celery. This braised celery really is such a simple side dish. Celery is braised in a mild chicken broth. A simple but flavorful side dish I often serve with spicier View image.
My simple braised celery recipe transforms a neglected salad vegetable into a delicious star of the dinner table. Braising is an easy technique to transform most humble vegetables into delicious treats. Celery finds its way into all kinds of dishes, but we rarely appreciate the stalks on their own. You can have Braised celery using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised celery
- Prepare 8 each of celery stalks.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of good quality beef stock or broth.
In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to full boil over HIGH heat, adding chopped onion with herbs and seasonings. Besides smearing it with peanut butter and a sprinkling of raisins, I've been Julia Child was a big fan of braised celery…and now so am I. Hence why braised celery is melt in your mouth tender, and tastes like is This savory braised celery recipe is just the thing you've been looking for. It's quick and easy, and the result is tender celery that.
Braised celery step by step
- Thoroughly clean and trim each stalk. Chop leaves and set aside. Peel any of the fibrous outer stalks with a vegetable peeler and slice into 1-inch pieces on the bias..
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the celery, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes until just beginning to soften slightly..
- Add the beef broth and stir to combine. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the celery is tender but not mushy, approximately 5 minutes..
- Uncover and allow the celery to continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the liquid has been reduced to a glaze..
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the reserved leaves.
Celery braised in the style of marrow bones with a olive relish, toasted pine nuts and crispy bread How to turn celery into a showstopper using odds and ends in your fridge. (Scott Suchman for The. Neatly trim the bottom of each bunch of celery, making it clean and smooth. This celery is just right when I want a warm vegetable dish for lunch or a simple side for dinner. Minced celery is an essential flavor base for many soups, stews, and sauces, but sometimes, this aromatic vegetable deserves to be the star of the show, as it is here, braised in tomatoes and white. Share: Rate this Recipe Clean the celery, and discard the tops and any tough stalks.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.