Bean and corn salad in cumin-lime dressing. Awesome vegetarian, vegan recipe for weight loss! I like more corn than black beans but you might like it the other way around and I use less of the olive oil. There is nothing like a crispy fresh salad on a It is a great salad for the summer months.
A tasty lime dressing, with cayenne and garlic added for kick, make this salad a bit different from Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Quick and easy Black Bean Salad with a Cumin Lime Vinaigrette makes lunch or dinner fast and How to Make Black Bean Salad. All you need are a couple of cans of black beans, cumin Other suggestions for additions are cubed Pepper-Jack cheese, corn, chopped celery or green tomatoes. You can cook Bean and corn salad in cumin-lime dressing using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bean and corn salad in cumin-lime dressing
- You need of Approximately 2 cups or 1 can of cooked black beans, pinto beans, or heirloom variety of your choice. Rinse beans if they are from a can.
- It’s of corn (can also use canned corn).
- Prepare of bell pepper or several small sweet Italian peppers of various colors, small dice.
- Prepare of cherry tomatoes, chopped.
- You need of chopped leafy herbs such as scallions, parsley, dill, and/or cilantro, finely chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced (I mashed a clove that I had simmered in the same pot as the beans).
- You need of limes, juiced.
- It’s of Generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, and dried ground cumin, to taste.
If you are making the Corn Salad in advance, then I suggest combining all of the ingredients except the avocado, then simply toss in the avocado when you're ready The lime and cider vinegar balances the sweetness of the corn and the spiciness of the jalapeno for a perfectly balanced tantalizing dressing. Cumin Lime Dressing – Be sure to make the dressing first to give it a little bit of time to let the flavors intensify. You'll be glad you did once it is poured over the salad. Drizzle yogurt cilantro salad dressing over this Southwestern-style black bean and corn salad.
Bean and corn salad in cumin-lime dressing step by step
- Stir together lime juice, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic to make vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings to taste. Should be fairly sour as the beans will soak up the lime juice..
- Boil the ear of corn for 20 minutes until tender. Then cut the kernels off the cob. You can do all your prep/chopping while the corn is boiling..
- Combine all ingredients. Taste and add more vegetables or beans if necessary for texture — there should be a good balance of crunchy bell peppers, juicy corn and tomatoes, and tender but not mushy beans..
Folded in this healthy black bean and corn salad is a creamy dressing made with yogurt, lime, jalapeño and cilantro. Serve as a main dish, a side with grilled chicken or scoop it up with tortilla chips! The simple cumin-lime dressing is subtle and light, so please feel free to increase or double for a stronger flavor if desired. It makes a great chip dip as well! For more inspiration, also browse all lentil recipes and black bean recipes.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.