Midsummer Cucumber Salad.
You can have Midsummer Cucumber Salad using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Midsummer Cucumber Salad
- Prepare 2 of medium cucumbers.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red jalapeno, diced (with seeds).
- Prepare 2 of ripe tomatoes.
Midsummer Cucumber Salad step by step
- Add the onion and red wine vinegar in a medium mixing bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel the cucumbers. Slice lengthwise, then slice again lengthwise. Chop into 1/4" pieces, add to bowl..
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and jalapeno, mixing to combine..
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the red onion from the vinegar and add to the small mixing bowl. Reserve the vinegar..
- Add 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar to the olive oil mixture..
- Chop the tomatoes roughly. Add to the medium mixing bow..
- Add the cucumbers and olive oil mixture, stir to combine..
- Let sit for an hour in the refrigerator to meld the flavors..
- To serve, if there is too much liquid from the tomatoes, use a slotted spoon to plate. I love liquidy dishes, so I serve mine in a bowl..
- Serve with a home-baked sourdough country loaf, or any other crusty bread..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.