Comforting Celery and Bacon Soup.
You can cook Comforting Celery and Bacon Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Comforting Celery and Bacon Soup
- It’s 1 stalk of Celery.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 slices Bacon.
- It’s 5 cm of Carrot (optional).
- You need 1 large of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 bunch of Mitsuba (optional).
Comforting Celery and Bacon Soup step by step
- Slice the onion, and cut the bacon into easy to eat pieces..
- Juilenne the carrot..
- Heat up a pan and sauté the bacon over medium heat..
- When some fat has started to come out of the bacon, add the onion and sauté until wilted. Add the carrot too and sauté briefly..
- Add 4 cups (800 ml) of water to the pan, as well as the soup stock cube, cover with a lid and simmer..
- In the meantime, remove the thick outside fibrous parts of the celery and cut into 5 mm thick slices. Cut up the mitsuba into easy to eat pieces too..
- When the soup comes to a boil, skim off the scum, add the celery and bring to a boil again. Add the soy sauce and it's done..
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with some mitsuba. Sprinkle some coarsely ground black pepper on top and enjoy..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.