Kimpira-Style Celery and Konnyaku.
You can have Kimpira-Style Celery and Konnyaku using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimpira-Style Celery and Konnyaku
- You need 2 of stalks Celery.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Konnyaku.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 100 ml of Japanese dashi stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White sesame seeds.
Kimpira-Style Celery and Konnyaku step by step
- Rub the konnyaku in salt, rinse, slice, then make a slit lengthwise in the center of each piece, and thread the end through the hole to make a "rein knot." Parboil in boiling water, drain, then dry roast in a pan..
- Remove the strings from the celery, and slice diagonally..
- Put sesame oil in a pan, and sauté konnyaku and celery..
- Add dashi with the other seasoning ingredients, and simmer until the sauce is reduced. Adjust seasoning to taste. Stewing will thicken the sauce, so start out with a light flavor..
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle white sesame seeds..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.