French Beans & Potato (Bhaji).
You can have French Beans & Potato (Bhaji) using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Beans & Potato (Bhaji)
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of hing.
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of green chilli (minced) (if you like the dish less spicy, skip this).
- Prepare of green chilli, cut into 4 long slices.
- You need of medium onion (diced).
- You need of French beans (cut into 1 inch pieces).
- Prepare of medium potatoes (peeled and cut into jullians).
- You need of red chilli powder (+/- 1/2 for spice adjustment).
- It’s of kitchen king masala (to replace this you can take a blend of coriander powder, cumin seeds and garam masala in the ratio 1:1:1).
- Prepare of garam masala.
- You need of amchor powder (dry mango powder).
- It’s of sugar (preferably powder).
French Beans & Potato (Bhaji) step by step
- Gather all ingredients.
- Wash the French beans and potatoes.
- Cut the ingredients.
- Heat up oil in a wok / kadhai.
- Add hing, followed by cumin seeds.
- Add all green chillies.
- Add onions and fry until they are transparent.
- Add the chopped French beans.
- Add little salt for the French beans to cook, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes (check if the beans are half cooked).
- Add potatoes (Julian cut) followed with all spices except amchoor powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix well, cover and cook (keep stirring and adding water little by little so that the dish does not stick to the bottom of the wok. add in all approximately 1-2 cups of water).
- When the potatoes are tender, add amchoor powder and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Mix well, turn of the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.