Ribollita. Ribollita is a famous Tuscan bread soup, a hearty potage made with bread and vegetables. There are many variations but the main ingredients always include leftover bread, cannellini beans, lacinato kale, cabbage, and inexpensive vegetables such as carrot, beans, chard, celery, potatoes, and onion. Discovered Ribollita this year having grown an excess (if that's possible) of Kale during Furlough.
Ribollita is a hearty and healthy Tuscan soup made by adding bread to vegetable soup. Ribollita has a long history in Tuscany, some people believe that the soup goes back to the Middle Ages. Ribollita is a bread soup packed with lentils and vegetables. You can have Ribollita using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ribollita
- You need 1/2 lb of cannellini beans.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of celery stay.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 dashes of salt.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- You need 1 bunch of lacinato kale.
- It’s 1 of butch Swiss chard.
- You need 1 of small Savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 4 of thick slices of whole wheat rustic bread.
- It’s of Ground black pepper to taste.
It's healthy, comforting and a great way to use up stale bread. Ribollita is a Tuscan soup traditionally made with bread and vegetables. There are many variations, but the main ingredients usually include leftover bread, cannellini beans, and inexpensive vegetables. The "ribollita" in ribollita soup is Italian for reboiled.
Ribollita step by step
- Rinse beans very well until water is clear. Place in a pot with 4 cups of water and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to the minimum and cover. Simmer for 3 hours..
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, carrot and celery. Mince the garlic. Dice the potato. Wash and slice kale, chard and cabbage in 1/2-inch pieces..
- When the beans are cooked, remove 1/4 of the beans and set aside. Purée remaining beans in cooking water with an immersion blender. Set aside..
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté onion for 2 minutes, add celery and carrot, sauté for 2 minutes, add garlic, and sauté for 3 more minutes. Stir often..
- Add thyme, dash of salt, and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 1 minute..
- Add potato, kale, chard, cabbage, purée beans with its cooking water, and 5 additional cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to minimum, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally..
- Cut bread in large cubes. Add cooked beans and bread. Mix and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let it rest covered at room temperature overnight..
- Reheat over low heat. Serve, sprinkling ground black pepper and drizzling very good extra-virgin olive oil. Enjoy!.
This is because the soup is typically made from leftover ingredients. You can, however, choose to use fresh ingredients. Ribollita is easy to make and. Every Tuscan family has a recipe for this soup that has been refined and passed down The key ingredients in ribollita are leftover bread, cannellini beans, and seasonal vegetables such as kale. Тосканский суп Риболлита/Ribollita toskana. Ribollita is a soup made of vegetables, bread and beans, cooked multiple times so Stale or day-old Tuscan bread is what gives ribollita its consistency and structure.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.